Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We're on vacation

Work is done!!!!  My surgery center had a great cake and some flowers for me to celebrate my birthday early.  The travel channel was doing shows on hawaii this afternoon.  I can't wait to see all this natural beauty for myself.

At home, the washer decided to behave long enough to get all the clothes clean.  The part has been ordered and should arrive sometime while we are gone.  So all the packing is done and the cases weighed (I refuse to pay extra for an overweight bag).  We have lots of snack packed as the connection time may not allow time to get anything to eat between flights and I'm not paying $7.00 for some dried out airline sandwhich.

Andy, wonderful man that he is spent the day cleaning and running errands.  He also downloaded a new movie to my IPOD just in case they stop showing (or start charging) for inflight movies.  (start to notice a pattern here?)

The boarding passes are printed out, all the confirmations filed in the order they will be used.  The weather has been checked and a small umbrella added to suitcase.  So now all that remains is to try to get a good nights sleep before a long day of adventure

I will update when I find an internet cafe or once we are aboard the ship.

No comments: